Ballard Minor Funeral Home and Cooper Funeral Home are two small town funeral homes owned by Cooper Funeral and Bereavement Services Limited. These two funeral homes combined serve over 150 families per year and emphasis is placed on exceptional service to, and compassionate care for, all those we serve.
Cooper Funeral and Bereavement Services, Haldimand, Ontario
Cooper Funeral and Bereavement Services, owner of Ballard-Minor Funeral Home, located in the town of Dunnville, Ontario and Cooper Funeral Home located in the town of Jarvis, Ontario is seeking an experienced Funeral Director - Class 1 with a minimum of 2-5 years of experience for immediate, full time, temporary employment for coverage of a medical leave of absence.
The Funeral Director is responsible for arranging and directing meaningful funerals by presenting creative and personalized options, creating an outstanding level of client family service and satisfaction. The successful candidate is a self-starter, works independently and effectively as part of a team and has exceptional communication and customer service skills. The Funeral Director will actively participate in the continued growth of the local market for this funeral home.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- All tasks associated with Funeral Director – Class 1, including, but not limited to arranging, directing and coordinating funeral services, visitation coverage and embalming. The successful candidate must:
- Be willing to relocate to or reside at a location amenable to management and maintain active involvement within the community and remain committed to building and establishing effective relationships and rapport.
- Meet and surpass the needs and expectations of the families we serve.
- Be willing to work in multiple locations
- Be willing to work on a scheduled basis with on-call requirements
- Possess a valid driver’s license (minimum class G)
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Graduate of a recognized funeral service education program and holds a valid Ontario Class 1 Funeral Directors License
• Current knowledge and understanding of the F.B.C.S.A. and funeral home compliance
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office – (Word, Excel, Outlook), and funeral service software, or the ability to become so in short order
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal
• Ability to positively contribute to the team by communicating effectively and professionally with all team members, management, vendors and client families
Success in this role means:
• Being independently driven and self-motivated; a self-starter who is proactive and competent
• Having excellent client service skills and a professional demeanor;
• Being organized and a solid multi-tasker, conscientious with high attention to detail;
• A professional demeanor and ability to juggle multiple priorities;
• Being an effective team player with positive leadership skills;
• Ability to display empathy and sensitivity when required and to be confidential about issues with which you are dealing.