McKinlay Funeral Homes Ltd - Chatham, Ridgetown and Blenheim
Looking to make your mark in the funeral service profession? McKinlay Funeral Homes Ltd. is looking to grow its team of professionals. Our greatest asset is our team, and we pride ourselves on our team approach to customer service excellence. We are dedicated to providing our communities with the most unique life-honouring services before, during and after a loss. This has resulted in us leading the profession in our preplanning initiatives, having a family-focused, completely customizable approach to funeral service, and having a detailed, self-developed ‘Family Care’ program assisting families with their estates. We offer our families warm, bright, spacious facilities and are one of the first Ontario funeral homes to offer a fully licensed on-site reception centre. We are family owned and operated and believe in cultivating strong, autonomous and creative funeral directors to lead the profession into the future.
Our team approach to funeral service leads to a well-rounded skill set. All of our funeral directors embalm, make funeral arrangements and direct services. We offer a very desirable work schedule ensuring you have every other weekend off. We invest in our employees and highly encourage professional development, community service and continuing education.
We provide very competitive compensation and benefits based on qualifications and experience. We also offer an RRSP matching program to employees who have been with us for more than one year. We have spacious accommodations available at a highly discounted price.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Valid Funeral Director license in good standing
- Valid G driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Efficient time management
- Ability to multitask
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
- 1-5 years of experience as a Funeral Director
- Be competent in all aspects of funeral service including arranging, directing and embalming.
The selected individual will be an integral part of the funeral home staff. The position will allow the right candidate the opportunity to showcase their talents while assisting us in growing our local business. All qualified candidates are invited to forward their resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.