FUNERAL DIRECTOR – LONDON (will consider intern)
Logan Funeral Home and Evans Funeral Home, London, ON is looking for a 1-5 year licensed funeral director to become part of our dynamic and fun team. (Will consider an intern or a senior funeral director).
Logan’s and Evans have been voted Platinum and Gold in the Funeral Home category for the London Community Votes the past 4 years and we are proud of our reputation in the community. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for serving families.
We are London’s two longest serving funeral homes (since 1887) with two of London’s newest facilities. We are independently owned and locally operated. Our staff has a low turnover rate and you will learn greatly from the 100+ years of experience of our directors.
Our four person schedule (38hrs/week) includes every other weekend off and days off through the week. You are on-call one weekend a month and one night through the week. Stat days we only come into the office if something is going on.
As well the successful candidate will receive:
- Salary (based on experience)
- Extra $$$ for night calls , work on days off and covering on-call when others are on vacation
- Every work day ends at 5pm (unless on-call person has visitation)
- Full benefits after three months
- Retirement plan after 12 months (Company pays 3.75% to your 1.25%)
- Clothing allowance and funeral suit
- Dry cleaning allowance
- Cell phone or cell phone allowance
- Team lunches, coffee/donut breaks and access to dinners and events such as London Knights
- Annual licensing fee
- OFSA membership and access to requirements for BAO licensing
- Support and membership fees for local groups and organizations
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Arranging and co-ordinating services with families as well as the normal expectations
- Experience in the Jewish Community and Greek Orthodox Community is beneficial
- Embalming and transfers (1 and 2 person) will be required
- Computer skills (quickbooks, MS office, FuneralTech, Vaella, Tribute software)
- General light maintenance and cleaning will be expected (indoor and outdoor)
We do all our own cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, grass, snow, etc.
Please submit resume by email to Dave Pizzey, Owner, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Feel free to also email any questions you may have about the position, our company, our city or anything else that comes to mind that will help you make the change and join our team.
Please visit our website at www.logan-evans.ca to learn more about our history, staff, community involvement and take a tour with our google tour and photos.
All inquiries will be kept in strict confidence. Only those being considered will be contacted for an interview.