HAYCOCK-CAVANAGH FUNERAL HOME INC.
409 Nelson Street, Wallaceburg, Ontario, N8A 4G9
519 627-3231 or fax 519 627-4542
Kevin Cavanagh, Funeral DirectoR
Student or Intern or Licensed Funeral Director Full Time Position
$45,000 – $60,000
Act as a Licensed or Intern Funeral Director supporting funeral operations. General duties include embalming, transfers, conducting arrangements with families, meeting the general public, answering phones courteously and in a polite manner, assisting on funeral, memorial and other services or ceremonies as requested by funeral home clients and management. The Funeral Director duties must be performed with good communication, a team approach and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Embalming and Preparation of the deceased in accordance with ethical and legal guidelines.
• Assists with respectful transfer of deceased from place of death to funeral home or final place of rest.
• Prepare for services - to include delivering and setting up floral arrangements, chairs, caskets, urns, photos and other personal keepsakes or mementos of client families; ensure proper care and storage of any of these items
• Prepares documents related to services, cremations, maintenance, as directed by management
• Serves as an assistant on services parking cars or perform greeting duties
• Drives Funeral Home vehicles for transfers and services
• Maintain cleanliness of funeral home and vehicles included but not limited to vacuuming, dusting and garbage
• Valid Ontario driver’s license with Driver Abstract within last 30 days
• Current Background Check
• High level of compassion and integrity
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
• Professional behaviors and team player
• Ability to lift 100+ pounds for short periods of time
• Available to work flexible shifts including evening and weekends
• Cellular phone which can receive incoming and outgoing calls and texts
Resumes may be sent to email@example.com or in person to Haycock-Cavanagh Funeral Home prior to February 16, 2022. Successful Candidates will be contacted for in person interviews prior to February 18, 2022.