The Board of Directors of the Independent Cremation Group Limited operating Evergreen Crematorium in Milton, ON is seeking an Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the day to day operating functions of the crematory including organizing of transportation of remains and scheduling drivers, oversight of the cremation process and protocol, licensing and health and safety standards, facility, equipment, vehicle and supply management. The Operations Manager will work in a cooperative management team with the Office Manager and the Bookkeeper.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Scheduling of cremation operators and drivers.
- Scheduling of cremations and oversight of procedure.
- Staff training in cremation standards of care, and Health and Safety including WHMIS, AODA and BAO licensure standards.
- Working with Office Manager and Bookkeeper in Human Resource management including scheduling, payroll, uniform, budget and other finances related to the day to day operation.
- Liaise with funeral home managers and funeral directors.
The following qualifications are preferred. A willingness and demonstrated ability to complete training in the short term to meet specific qualifications will be considered.
- A Crematory Operator certificate and cremation operation experience.
- A BAO approved Transfer Service Sales Representative license.
- Human Resource Management training or experience.
- Data management and crematory emissions software e perience considered an asset.
- Experience in the funeral service profession or cemetery industry considered an asset.
- A valid Ontario driver's license.
- The ability to work in a cooperative management team structure and work with a Board of Directors.
This is a salary position commensurate with experience and includes group plan benefits.
Please send applications with references in strict confidence to Debbie Stafford, Office Manager at Debbie.Stafford@evergreencrematorium.com
Candidates to be considered will be contacted for an interview.