About Henry Walser Funeral Home
Here at the Henry Walser Funeral Home, we are a team of caring and compassionate professionals who are committed to providing funeral services that help families and friends honour their departed loved one in a manner that helps to facilitate the healing process.
We are proud of our team members and the strong community bonds we have made in the Kitchener Waterloo Region since 2001. Our team members live our values and deliver a warm and loving experience for the families we serve.
About the Position
The Funeral Director is vital to supporting Henry Walser Funeral Home’s mission to be a team of caring and compassionate professionals who are committed to providing care to families and friends in a time of need by communicating in a professional, sympathetic manner and following their wishes for the care of their loved ones.
You are a believer in the power of communication to bring superior service to families and create excellence within teams. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, are self-directed, organized, and have impeccable attention to detail.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Meeting with families to perform arrangements, both at-need and pre-need, providing them with service and merchandise options as well as funeral advice pertaining to the entire funeral process.
- Coordinating all activities related to funerals, visitations, services and cremation ensuring all aspects of the arrangements are followed in accordance with the family’s wishes.
- Embalming and providing care of the deceased as directed by the family.
Additional tasks may include:
- Performing transfers of the deceased from the place of death.
- Accurately recording Vital Statistics for registration purposes and completing all required information for the client file and confirming and ordering any associated items.
- Providing mentoring and training when required and appropriate to Interns and assistants
Required Skills & Behaviours:
- Possess a thorough knowledge of standards and procedures in Funeral Services with extremely high problem solving skills and the ability to address the unique needs of every family.
- Able to set goals and objectives and takes responsibility for reaching goals with minimal support.
- Demonstrated ability to set expectations and communicates with families in clearly and directly demonstrating confidence.
- Works in collaboration with others to achieve goals and solves issues and takes ownership of responsibilities while delegating appropriately when required.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Cohesive work environment built on service excellence
- Excellent team environment
If you want to build your career in an environment where you are valued, and your contributions make a difference then please reach out to us! Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Position: Class 1 Funeral Director
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 3-5 years
Education/Licenses: Class 1 Funeral Director License as well as a valid Ontario Class G driver’s license.