Friscolanti Funeral Chapel Ltd.
43 Barton St. E., Hamilton, ON, L8L 2V7
We are looking to hire a Funeral Director (both interns and junior licensed directors may apply).
Responsibilities will include:
- Transfer of deceased from place of death to the funeral home
- Meeting with families to make arrangements on both an at-need and a pre-need basis
- Embalming, dressing, and casketing of deceased as well as making appropriate use of cosmetics
- Preparing visitation rooms including cleaning, setting up audio visual equipment, and placement of flowers according to the family’s requests
- During visitations ensuring the family’s needs are consistently met, including directing visitors and assisting them in filling out donation cards
- Conducting funeral services, including escorting family from the funeral home to the church and then to the cemetery, making announcements when appropriate and tending to the needs of the priest/minister of the church or the officiate
Qualified candidates must:
- Possess a valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s licence and a clean driver’s abstract
- Be available to work on-call as well as evenings and weekends
- Be flexible and willing to work in a fast-paced, challenging yet rewarding environment with the utmost attention to detail
We will work with you to ensure you have an opportunity to develop personally and professionally while offering a competitive salary which includes a professional clothing and dry-cleaning allowance.