THE OFSA SOCIAL MEDIA CONTEST (the “Contest”)
Official Rules and Regulations (the “Official Rules”)
This Contest is for participation only by residents of Ontario who are bereavement sector professionals, namely any licensed funeral director, funeral student, funeral intern or funeral product and service supplier, as determined by us in our discretion. Your entry will be immediately disqualified if you are not at least eighteen (18) years or older, a legal resident of the province of Ontario and a bereavement sector professional.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: Starting on or about July 16, 2018 at 6:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ending July 30, 2018 at 12:00 PM ET (the "Contest Period").
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the provinces of Ontario who are eighteen (18) years of age or older who are bereavement sector professionals, namely any licensed funeral director, funeral student, funeral intern or funeral product and service supplier, as determined by us in our discretion. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win prizes in the Contest: (a) any person who, at any time on or after the commencement of the Contest Period, was or is a director, officer, employee or agent of the Ontario Funeral Service Association, including all subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively “OFSA”); (b) individuals engaged in the development, production, sponsorship or distribution of materials for the promotion or engaged in the administration or execution of this Contest (collectively the “Contest Entities”), and (c) any person living in the same residence as any of the above.
3. HOW TO ENTER & PLAY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. In order to participate in the Contest, (i) visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/YourOFSA or our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/ontario-funeral-service-association, (ii) like and follow OFSA on both platforms, and (iii) share on one or both of our platforms the following posts: on Facebook | on Linkedin.
Once you have completed these steps on one of our social media platforms, you will be automatically entered into the Contest. Accordingly, we will obtain and have access to only the personal information which you have made available on Facebook and LinkedIn. By participating, each entrant agrees (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and any interpretation thereof by OFSA; (b) to release and hold harmless OFSA and its Contest Entities; and (c) to permit OFSA to use his/her name, photo, personal information, etc. as described in these Official Rules. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person.
4. PRIZE DRAW: The prize will be randomly selected on July 31, 2018 from all valid, eligible entries (the “Entries”) received during the Contest Period. One (1) winner will be selected for the grand prize. See Section 7 below for how to claim your prize.
5. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Purchase is not required and does not enhance an entrant's chance of winning.
6. PRIZE: There will be one (1) grand prize available to be won which consists of one (1) full registration package to the 2018 OFSA Conference at the Blue Mountain Resort in Blue Mountains, Ontario, taking place from September 24 – 26, 2018. The approximate retail value of this prize is $575.00.
The winner of the grand prize and his/her guest shall be responsible for the costs of travel, accommodations, meals, travel and medical insurance, gratuities, beverages, upgrades, items of a personal nature or any optional tours or sightseeing, incidentals and any and all other expenses not specified in the description of the prize, all as are incurred in connection with claiming the prize and attending the meet-and-greet session.
The odds of winning the grand prize will be dependent on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by OFSA, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the winner's responsibility. All prize details are at OFSA’s sole discretion.
7. HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE: OFSA will attempt to contact via e-mail, the potential prize winners (each, a “Potential Winner”) between 9:00 AM ET and 5:00 PM ET on July 31, 2018. The prize will be available for pickup at the Blue Mountain Resort during the 2018 OFSA Conference. If OFSA does not receive a response from the Potential Winner by 8:59 AM ET on August 1, 2018 then at the sole and absolute discretion of OFSA, that entrant may be disqualified, and his/her entitlement to receive a prize may be forfeited or the prize may be awarded to an alternate randomly-selected winner, in OFSA’s sole discretion. As a condition of being declared the winner of a prize, the Potential Winner may also be required to answer a skill-testing question and execute and return OFSA’s form of release. If the Potential Winner does not fully comply with the foregoing requirements, another entrant will be randomly selected as the Potential Winner and the initial selected Potential Winner will be disqualified and will have no recourse towards any of OFSA or Contest Entities.
OFSA and its Contest Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding prizes for any reason outside of their control. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded. No interest will be paid on any prize. Any unclaimed or expired amount of a prize will not be awarded. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, declines to accept a prize, or in the event that a prize confirmation or prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited.
By participating in the Contest, winners consent to the use of their names, addresses, voices, and statements relating to the Contest or OFSA, and photographs or other likenesses, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by OFSA or any related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by applicable law. By entering the Contest, you consent to OFSA’s use of your name, city of residence, photograph, voice, statement and image for any publicity purposes.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
8. By entering, entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and, (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of OFSA, made in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification.
All Contest Entries obtained through unauthorized sources which are incomplete, illegible, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forgeries, irregular or fraudulent in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules are automatically void, as determined by OFSA in its sole discretion.
9. OFSA is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete entries. All entries/submissions become the property of OFSA and in no case shall be returned to the entrant. OFSA assumes no responsibility for computer system, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors/failures of any kind, delayed computer transmissions, network connections, or damages to participants’ computers arising out of participation in this Contest.
10. OFSA reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or entitlement to a prize, if, in the sole discretion of OFSA, it determines or suspects that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices.
11. By entering the Contest, entrants agree: (a) to release OFSA and Contest Entities, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to participating in the Contest or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize; (b) that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding legal fees and court costs.
12. OFSA and the Contest Entities do not warrant that access to the Contest will be uninterrupted. OFSA and the Contest Entities are not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to (a) any errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Contest, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; or (b) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Contest.
OFSA reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest, at its sole discretion, in the event of any occurrence beyond the reasonable control of OFSA that adversely affects the administration, security or other operation of the Contest.
13. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, OFSA reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. An entrant engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any prize(s) won.
14. In the event of any conflict with any Contest details contained in these Official Rules and Contest details contained in promotion materials (including but not limited to point of sale, radio, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
15. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and OFSA in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to Ontario conflicts of law principles. All entrants irrevocably consent and attorn to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
16. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In particular, OFSA’s employees are not authorized to waive, modify or amend any provision or provisions of these Official Rules in any manner whatsoever.
17. Personal information collected from entrants will be used by OFSA for the purpose of administering this Contest. Personal information may be collected, used or disclosed in jurisdictions other than Canada. Personal information that resides in jurisdictions other than Canada will be subject to the general laws of application in those jurisdictions. OFSA will not sell, share or otherwise disclose personal information of entrants with third parties or agents, other than to third parties or agents engaged by OFSA to fulfill the above purposes or as permitted or required by the applicable laws.